12 November 2015
Granite Chief is looking to add to our team for the 2015/2016 winter season. We are looking for experienced ski techs and boot fitters, as well as folks who know the ins and outs of hardgoods and softgoods. So, if you’re passionate about the outdoors, come be part of a great team this winter and help spread your love of all things outside.
Sound like a good fit for you? Print out the Employee Application .PDF below and drop it by the shop.
20 August 2015
We are looking for a skier with a racer background who also fully understand the Big Mountain experience, and what skis are needed to rip in any and all conditions. This individual must know how to tune skis and understand structure, edge bevels, waxing, layering waxes, hot boxing, binding mounting and testing, and all other phases of ski repair on both race skis and big mountain skis including techniques for gaining speed. Must be able to direct and work with a team nightly to make sure our customers skis get all of the love and all of the speed they deserve. The candidate must be able to work with all types of tuning equipment and understand the value of a clean and organized workshop. This candidate must also be able to interact with customers to solve whatever problems they are having with their skis and give them a finished product overnight. Most of the days will be free to spend on the mountain perfecting the fine craft of skiing.
This is an opportunity to partner with a locally grown ski and outdoor business. Our team is looking for an individual with passion for all aspects of skiing and whom is also able to work with, and direct, a group of equally passionate skiers to meet the demands of our award winning Ski Service center.
- Understand all aspects of Ski Race Tuning and running a Ski Service Center
- Desire to combine craftsmanship and machine use to produce exceptional ski service each and every day
- Be able to train and direct a group under pressure to produce consistent and predictable result with the Granite Chief Ski Service Team
- Able to keep a clean and well organized workshop
- Able to greet and converse with customers about all aspects of ski equipment
- Exceptional verbal communication skills
Submit Resume: Herb@granitechief.com
Granite Chief is looking to add to our team of retail store operation managers. This is a leadership position for an individual with strong passion for skiing, outdoor sports and mountain lifestyle.
Our management team has a shared goal to hire, train, and inspire staff to excel in customer service, sales, store presentation and operations. Our goal is to create goodwill with customers by engaging them in product and service dialog. Those that walk through our doors share the same passion for skiing and the mountain lifestyle as we do.
- Attention to detail; able to step back and see Granite Chief through the eyes of our customers
- Exceptional verbal skills to communicate with staff and customers
- Time management and delegation skills are required to ensure an organized, well ran operation
- Ability to followup with customer and employee issues, requests, and questions
- Enjoy rallying staff and customers around the company’s events and marketing campaigns
- Create sales and performance incentives
- Team building with emphasis on company loyalty and involvement
- Encourage staff and customers to engage in social medias and the company’s website
- Able to clearly and concisely review employee’s performance in a positive and constructive manner
- Focus skills so that projects are thoroughly completed in a timely manner
- Manage fluency with in-store promotions
- Multi-tasking skills while maintaining focus on thoroughness and detail
As a manager, you are responsible to build a dynamic team with unique individuals with a passion for the Tahoe lifestyle. Our goal is to deliver a positive experience for customers as they look to us to learn the technical benefits of the products we offer. Create customer loyalty through customer support and a memorable shopping experience. Most importantly, you share Granite Chief’s vision with employees, encouraging their growth, confidence and productivity.
Submit Resume: Herb@granitechief.com
cc: Darby@granitechief.com, Treas@granitechief.com