20 August 2015
We are looking for a skier with a racer background who also fully understand the Big Mountain experience, and what skis are needed to rip in any and all conditions. This individual must know how to tune skis and understand structure, edge bevels, waxing, layering waxes, hot boxing, binding mounting and testing, and all other phases of ski repair on both race skis and big mountain skis including techniques for gaining speed. Must be able to direct and work with a team nightly to make sure our customers skis get all of the love and all of the speed they deserve. The candidate must be able to work with all types of tuning equipment and understand the value of a clean and organized workshop. This candidate must also be able to interact with customers to solve whatever problems they are having with their skis and give them a finished product overnight. Most of the days will be free to spend on the mountain perfecting the fine craft of skiing.
This is an opportunity to partner with a locally grown ski and outdoor business. Our team is looking for an individual with passion for all aspects of skiing and whom is also able to work with, and direct, a group of equally passionate skiers to meet the demands of our award winning Ski Service center.
- Understand all aspects of Ski Race Tuning and running a Ski Service Center
- Desire to combine craftsmanship and machine use to produce exceptional ski service each and every day
- Be able to train and direct a group under pressure to produce consistent and predictable result with the Granite Chief Ski Service Team
- Able to keep a clean and well organized workshop
- Able to greet and converse with customers about all aspects of ski equipment
- Exceptional verbal communication skills
Submit Resume: Herb@granitechief.com
Granite Chief is on the hunt for a Marketing Coordinator with experience in the ski and
outdoor industry. As we look to expand brand awareness and our customer base we are
in need of an individual that shares a passion for skiing and year round mountain sports.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to work within our team to develop
events, manage social media, create campaigns to drive business and brand
awareness. The marketing coordinator will be responsible for ad placement and rallying
enthusiasm to support our marketing events, campaigns and strategies.
The position requires strong planning skills and the ability to follow through to ensure
• Desire to operate strategically and tactically; enjoy the flow from idea development to
• Passion for creativity, mountain sports and lifestyle
• Enjoy rallying internal and external teams around a shared objective
• Skills to track and drive innovative and scalable marketing programs
• Manage fluency with in-store promotions
• Exceptional verbal and written business communication skills
• Ability to be diplomatic while setting a standard of expectations with campaign/event
• Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
• Work with and develop relationships with our industry sales and marketing partners
This an opportunity to partner with a locally grown ski and outdoor business. Our team
is looking for an individual with passion for skiing and other mountain sports, such as
trail running, paddle boarding, hiking, backpacking, kayaking and climbing. While
Granite Chief was built with a focus on skiing, a year round marketing coordinator must
also share a passion for summer mountain sports. Flexible work schedules are
encouraged to accommodate participation in year round mountain adventures and
activities. Work with us and use your ski and outdoor experience as a marketing
Submit Resume to Treas@granitechief.com
cc: to Herb@granitechief.com
Granite Chief is looking to add to our team of retail store operation managers. This is a leadership position for an individual with strong passion for skiing, outdoor sports and mountain lifestyle.
Our management team has a shared goal to hire, train, and inspire staff to excel in customer service, sales, store presentation and operations. Our goal is to create goodwill with customers by engaging them in product and service dialog. Those that walk through our doors share the same passion for skiing and the mountain lifestyle as we do.
- Attention to detail; able to step back and see Granite Chief through the eyes of our customers
- Exceptional verbal skills to communicate with staff and customers
- Time management and delegation skills are required to ensure an organized, well ran operation
- Ability to followup with customer and employee issues, requests, and questions
- Enjoy rallying staff and customers around the company’s events and marketing campaigns
- Create sales and performance incentives
- Team building with emphasis on company loyalty and involvement
- Encourage staff and customers to engage in social medias and the company’s website
- Able to clearly and concisely review employee’s performance in a positive and constructive manner
- Focus skills so that projects are thoroughly completed in a timely manner
- Manage fluency with in-store promotions
- Multi-tasking skills while maintaining focus on thoroughness and detail
As a manager, you are responsible to build a dynamic team with unique individuals with a passion for the Tahoe lifestyle. Our goal is to deliver a positive experience for customers as they look to us to learn the technical benefits of the products we offer. Create customer loyalty through customer support and a memorable shopping experience. Most importantly, you share Granite Chief’s vision with employees, encouraging their growth, confidence and productivity.
Submit Resume: Herb@granitechief.com
cc: Darby@granitechief.com, Treas@granitechief.com
Granite Chief Buying Team is looking to expand and has developed a new position for an Assistant Buyer.
The Assistant Buyer with be required to attend regional and national industry trade shows. Assisting in line viewing as well as working within OTB (open to buy guidelines), departmental budgets, and the company’s targeted customer demographic.
The right candidate must possess strong organization and attention to detail skills as well as computer and spreadsheet experience. Buying includes developing purchase orders through our merchandise/inventory management program in a timely, detailed, and accurate manner. The Assistant Buyer will also be responsible for weekly reorders to maintain inventory levels. The position requires a deep-rooted feel for skiing and mountain sports, both hardgoods and solftgoods, and a willingness to learn new skills and recognize industry trends.
This is an opportunity to partner with a locally grown ski and outdoor business. Our team is looking for an individual with passion for skiing and other mountain sports; such as trail running, paddle boarding, hiking, backpacking, kayaking, climbing and mountaineering. While Granite Chief was built with a focus on skiing, a year round buyer must also share a passion for summer outdoor sports. Flexible work schedules are encouraged to accommodate participation in year round mountain adventures and activities.
Submit Resume to: Herb@granitechief.com